Frequently Asked Questions
This is a set of frequently asked questions that our valuable clients usually have for us. If you don't find a response to your question, please contact us
- Why should I hire a private transportation service ?
- You are traveling to a foreign country, and your safety must be a very important issue to take into account. If you prebook your private transportation with us, you will get a confirmation of your service through a voucher where we will give you all the details of the hired service. We monitor your transfer since the very moment you get in our vehicle until the completion of the trip, we know who your driver is, the starting time of the service, number of passengers, plates of the van and airport tag. This will not happen in a public shared service hired at the airport, do be careful when hire public services when arrive to Cancun, there are several walking people offering private taxi or shuttle, some of them are not legal companies, and they could charge you double or triple of the regular rate, the worst is that if you hire a round trip, on your departure date & time they just will not show up to bring you back to the airport and you'd have to pay for another expensive taxi at your hotel, you will have a hard time to get a refund from them.
For peace of mind, it is strongly suggested to prebook a private transportation service, it is safe, affordable and reliable.
- Is Uber or Didi available at the Cancun airport?
- No, they are not available in Cancun city or the Mayan Riviera. If you thought that you could get this service upon arrival at the airport or in the city, note that no taxi applications are allowed in this state, all of them have been banned by the government.
- Do you take credit cards?
- Yes, we honor major credit cards and PayPal. You can make the payment online after the booking process or through your confirmed service voucher.
- How to cancel a confirmed booking?
- All cancellations must be made by email or phone call at least 12 hrs prior to your arrival. To avoid being charged for no show, you must cancel your reservation and get our cancellation notice by email. To cancel, just email us mentioning your reference numbers, and we will process the cancellation request. If a reservation were already paid, we would make the refund to the same credit card used for the payment.
- How can I locate my driver at the airport?
- In all the terminal buildings of the Cancun airport, there is a "meet & greet area" where travel representatives usually wait for their customers to leave the terminal, our representative will be on that spot waiting for you. Look for the sign "VAN TRAVEL", give him your name, and he will call your driver to approach to the assigned boarding ramp, he always carries a list of passengers to check all the services details. If you have a return service, you must ask for a coupon to guarantee that your pick-up time is the same that you previously requested. Check this guide HOW TO LOCATE YOUR DRIVER.
- Are your rates the same than the regular fees at the airport?
- No, our rates are lower, this is because we work a "pre-booked reservation basis" only, we don't have to pay parking fees and expensive booth rentals inside the airport terminals, this allows us to offer better prices and superior quality services than the regular ones offered at the airport ticket counters. No matter of the rates offered, we are an official transportation line appointed by the Cancun airport authority.
- Do you have a toll free number?
- Yes. After you book online, we verify your reservation and send you a confirmation notice by email. We will include a link to enter online to your service voucher which contains information of your reservation and the toll free numbers to call us from the USA or Canada. Additionally we provide a domestic 1-800 number to call us while in Mexico.
- What if my flight is delayed?
- We always check with the airline 3 hours in advance if your flight is on time, we will know exactly at what time it is going to arrive. If your flight is cancelled for any reason or you missed the plane, please email us or send a Whatsapp to inform of your new arrival information or to cancel your reservation. If you do not have internet access to contact us, call from the USA or Canada to the toll-free numbers that we provided in your confirmation voucher.
- Is it safe to travel with you?
- Absolutely, before we hire any member of our staff, they need to pass several tests and provide sufficient personal information about them in a detailed personal resume. As a rule, the applicants must have the Mexican Federal driver's license, anti-doping tests and referral letters issued by known local companies. All of our vehicles are fully insured and our drivers are bonded and subject to permanent training courses. Since the very moment you get in one of our vehicles, we know exactly who is driving you to your hotel or back to the airport, and the time your service is completed.
- What is your cancellation and refund policy?
- If you wish to cancel and haven't used the service, we will refund the full amount paid. If the payment was with PayPal, we would refund the amount paid to the same account used. If paid with a credit card, the refund will be to the same card number. If you already used one leg of the service and wish to cancel the return service, we will refund the amount of the non-used service. If you don't cancel your reservation and just do not show up, there is a fee of USD$ 15.00. See the no show policy in this page.
- What if I don't cancel my reservation and just do not show up at the airport or pick-up place?
- In that case, we apply an administrative charge of USD$ 15.00 to cover fees to access the boarding ramps at the airport and other minor expenses. The balance will be refunded to the same method of payment used to pay the service. If you already used one leg of the service, we will calculate the regular rate, subtract the above penalty charge and the balance will be refunded.
- What is a VIP service ?
- We have available a regular service in Ford vans at lower prices than the VIP. The difference between the regular and VIP service is the type of vehicle provided, for VIP we use deluxe SUV's only.